Nourish Moisturiser for Combination Skin
The woes of combination skin. How do you tackle excess oil, shine and dry patches on your face all at the same time? Thank you dear face for deciding to be everything difficult and not just choosing one skin issue. This is especially annoying when trying to find a moisturiser that will multi-task and treat all these problem areas as well as acne flare-ups. In the past I have found many products that are good for either dry skin or oily skin but not both (I’m sure every girl has faced this same distressing calamity). Lately I have been trialling the Nourish Balance Essential Moisturiser* to see if this could be the answer to my woes!
The first thing I noticed straight away from the first application, is how smooth it glides over the skin and all my bumpy acne areas. Looking at the ingredients, I can see this is probably due to the silica in the moisturiser but I couldn’t believe a moisturiser could be this silky soft! Instantly my skin feels so hydrated and I am incredibly impressed at how effectively it helps my acne look and feel moisturised. I noticed right after applying my foundation on top that my make-up looked better, helping me achieve something closer to a “flawless” look. If you are in need of a primer-and-moisturiser-in-one then this is a wonderful product to even out the texture of problem skin.
For those that are in a hurry in the morning like myself (I prefer the extra time sleeping than doing my make-up), this is a time-saving radiant skin booster. Only a small amount is needed to prep the whole face and neck which is great for the girls that just don’t have time to be applying three layers of moisturiser, primers and serums to target each area of the face during the morning rush to get ready for school or work. Better yet it is 85% organic so you know your skin is getting the good stuff 🙂
The Nourish Balance Moisturiser is available in a 50ml jar which is likely to last a good few months as so little is needed for each application!
Aqua (water), Pyrus malus fruit powder*, Pyrus malus fruit water, Glycerin**, Cetearyl alcohol, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil*, Helianthus annuus seed oil*, Crambe abyssinica seed oil*, Cetearyl glucoside, Sodium levulinate, Levulinic acid, Glyceryl stearate, Cetearyl olivate, Sorbitan olivate, Xanthan gum, Argania spinosa kernal extract, Serrenoa serrulata fruit extract, Sesamum indicum seed extract, Beta sitosterol, Tocopherol, Parfum (apple aroma), Simmondsia chinensis seed oil, Niacinamide, Calcium pantothenate, Sodium ascorbyl acetate, Tocopheryl acetate pyridoxine HCL, Maltodextrin, Sodium starch octenylsuccinate, Silica, Aloe barbedensis leaf juice powder*, Potassium sorbate. *Certifed organic.**Organic origin.
- Pyrus Malus is the latin name for apple flower. It is acidic, vitamin-rich and high in antioxidants suitable for skincare.
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis is the latin name for sweet almond oil.
- Helianthus Annuus is the latin name for sunflower seed oil.
- Crambe Abyssinica is an oil that is used as a natural substitute for synthetic mineral oils. It is highly biodegradable and contains high levels of Erucic Acid and Omega 9 for long-lasting nourished skin.
- Cetearyl Glucoside is an emulsifer with a low hazard rating of 1 according to the environmental working group cosmetics database.
- Sodium Levulinate is a safe antimicrobial preservative derived from corn.
- Cetearyl Olivate is a non-toxic emulsifier derived from olive oil.
- Argania Spinosa is the latin name for argan oil; an hydrating and anti-ageing extract produced by the native Morocco argan tree.
- Serrenoa Serrulate is an extract from the Saw Palmetto berry. It has been found to be effective against acne and problem skin conditions according to Acne.org.
- Niacinamide, is also known as Vitamin B3. According to Paula’s Choice, it is known to increase free fatty acid levels and microcirculation in skin to prevent dehydration. It’s also been found to help treat uneven skin tone and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.
- Beta Sitosterol is naturally occurring in plants; with similarity to cholesterol it is an anti-inflammatory and used in facial moisturisers.
- Parfum (apple aroma) – unsure whether this is synthetic or naturally derived but would be cautious if you have particularly sensitive skin that reacts to fragrance.
- Calcium Pantothenate is also known as Vitamin B5, has skin healing, plumping, anti-ageing and skin softening benefits.
- Pyridoxine HCL is also known as Vitamin B6, is required for maintaining healthy condition of the skin as well as treating skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate also known as E1450, is a form of chemically derived starch. According to Ewg.org it has a hazard rating of zero.
- Silica is found naturally occurring in sandstone, clay, and granite, plants and animals. It is mainly used as an absorbent and has a low hazard rating.
Final Verdict – Love!
This moisturiser has certainly proven to be a pleasant surprise as I wasn’t aware of the full benefits of some of the ingredients. It’s ability to even skin tone and the skin-healing proprieties of apple extract have definitely made a difference to my problem areas and dryness. I’ve been loving it as a make-up primer as before I was struggling to evenly cover acne. I was slightly worried the aloe vera in the moisturiser would cause a reaction on my skin, but as it is such a small quantity I have not had any irritation or rash after using this product (I have a mild sensitivity to it rather than a severe allergy). I’d really recommend this long-lasting moisturiser for all skin types but especially for problem combination skin 😀
The Nourish Balance Moisturiser is available from Only Naturals – currently at a reduced price with free delivery!