First of all, yes this is a week late! Second, yay my first favourites post wooo!
I’ve been trying out a few new bits in February that I actually bought back in 2014 but I tend to trial products for a couple of months to decide whether it’s working for me, especially in terms of skincare products. Also in the mix I have a film I have really enjoyed and jewellery I have been obsessed with…
1. Opalite Earrings – these are my favourite favourite favourite earrings of all time multiplied by one thousand and fifty nine twenty. They’re beautiful. They’re sparkly. They’re blue and white and shimmery like a unicorn. All my earrings I buy from my local jewellery shop, and they sell the most wonderful collection of mineral and gemstone earrings, pendents and rings laid in sterling silver. I intend to buy as many as I can 🙂
2. Lily Lolo Bondi Mineral Bronzer – I have found my perfect bronzer in the form of this product. It’s a rich chocolate shade with a just a very fine sparkle and golden undertones suitable for using from an everyday ‘effortless’ and natural make-up look to extra-fancy / going somewhere nice look. A little goes a long way, so it’s so easy to lightly apply and I absolutely love wearing it to contour and warm my complexion. Definitely one of my best buys! (P.S. Full review coming soon!!)
3. 99.9% Pure Aloe Vera Gel – I’ve gone through half the jar in just a month in desperation to banish acne outbreaks I have recently been suffering with. It started to appear on my shoulders which became uncomfortable, so I have been religiously using this gel mixed with a few drops of either lavender or rose essential oil morning and night to calm the skin. As aloe vera gel is non-comedogenic there is no risk of it clogging pores and making acne worse!
4. Aloe Vera Juice – organically sourced and 99.9% pure, I have been using in conjunction with my aloe vera gel. It’s antibiotic, astringent, a pain inhibitor and accelerates the healing of wounds or ‘injured surfaces’ – basically amazing magical-ness. Much needed for my terrible skin episode, I have been applying neat using a cotton pad to help soothe irritation. It’s been working wonderfully and I also used to help my face recover from applying coconut oil as a moisturiser (FYI not a good idea).
5. Barefoot SOS Dry + Sensitive Face and Body Rescue Cream – I wore this every day through January to February until the bottle ran out! It’s so super hydrating which has been a God-send recently during these harsh cold months. I mentioned it before in a previous post but it’s now become a firm favourite of mine. It is unlike any other natural mosituriser I own as it is creamy and applies just thick enough to quench skin and keep looking fresh all day. I think I may need to re-purchase…
6. Fair Squared Lip Balm Pomegranate – currently my go-to lip balm, I have found from using now for a few months that this one from all my natural lip balms works the best for my chapped lips. I have to carry it with me at all times. Love.
7. The Two Faces of January – starring Kirsten Dunst (love), Viggo Mortensen and Oscar Isaac. Totally looked at the image and thought it would be rubbish without reading the reviews or synopsis, but it was such a good movie! Based on the book by Patricia Highsmith, the film is set in Greece, 1962, following the story of an American con-artist, his wife and a Greek-speaking American tourist guide who get caught up in some trouble. If you enjoy a good thriller, I highly recommend watching.
Has anyone else tried these products I mentioned or seen the Two Faces of January? Tweet me or comment, I’d love to hear what you think!